Parking Safety Tips
The Professional Parking Association recommends the following common safety tips for parking:
Before You Park:
- Always Lock Your Doors
- Roll Up and Lock Your Windows
- Do Not Leave Valuables In Sight - (phones, pagers, purses, wallets, etc., invite theft)
- Put valuables and packages in the trunk or out of sight before arriving at the parking facility.
- If you have the option, choose a parking spot that is well-lit.
- Do not hide a spare key in or on your car - it can be found.
- Be aware and report any suspicious activity immediately by calling 326-7096 or for emergencies dial 911.
After You Park:
- Walk with a confident and positive attitude.
- Don't Walk Alone At Night.
When Returning To Your Vehicle:
- If possible, return to your car with an escort or in a group.
- Have your door key in hand.
- When approaching your vehicle look inside before entering to make sure there are no unwanted occupants. After entering, lock all doors.
- Once inside the car, lock the door and start the engine. Start moving the car as soon as possible after getting situated.
- If there is any concern for personal safety, for any reason, notify the Police immediately.
- Avoid desolate areas that are lightly traveled and, when possible, walk to your vehicle with others.
- Never offer rides to people you do not know.
If you are unable to locate your car, don’t be afraid to ask a parking attendant or security guard for help – we are happy to help!
In addition, Safety and Security Services, Inc. is available 24 hours a day to escort you to or from your vehicle. Please call 326-7096.