Electronic Meters - Changing the Way You Pay
With the addition of more than 600 on-street parking spots resulting from downtown street renovations, EMBARK is phasing out the mechanical meters for a more advanced “pay station” in the downtown area. As many as 125 multi-space, solar-powered pay stations that accept U.S. coins or debit/credit cards have been installed.
- There is a 75¢ minimum for 30-minute parking in color-designated zones for either $1.50 maximum in one hour zones or $3 maximum in two hour zones.
- Remaining time may be used at any downtown meter until the expiration printed on the receipt.
- Blue caps indicate a 1-hour zone and Orange caps indicate a 2-hour zone.
- Meters are strictly enforced 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday (except public holidays).
- Handicap parking is available in each zone. Parkers must observe the allowable max time for each zone.
How to use the new meters
- Use debit/credit card or coins to buy time.
- Print receipt
- Stick receipt inside driver’s side windshield.