New Meters: Pay-by-Plate in OKC
A new way to pay has arrived in downtown Oklahoma City! EMBARK is replacing the pay-and-display system with pay-by-plate. This new system allows the driver to pay at the meter that is on the way to their destination without having to return to their vehicle to display a receipt making on-street parking downtown a more user-friendly and efficient system.
- All on-street parking zones now have a 2-hour maximum.
- The vehicle license plate number is required in order to pay for parking.
- Meters are strictly enforced 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. weekdays (except public holidays).
- Handicap parking is available in each zone. Parkers must observe the allowable max time for each zone.
- The machines accept cards or coins. Cash and American Express are not accepted.
How to use the new meters
- Be sure to know your license plate number. If it helps, take a picture of it.
- When you arrive at the meter, press the start key.
- Enter your license plate number. No dashes or spaces needed.
- If you're paying with a card, use the + or - keys to select the desired amount of time, up to 2-hours.
- If you pay with coins, insert the amount to pay for the desired time you will be parked.
- Finally, take your receipt. No need to go back to your car and display it!